Speaking his love language.
What says “love” to one person may not say “love” to another person. What says “romance” to one person my not say “romance” to another person.
5 Love Languages by Dr Gary Chapman
- Words of Affirmation: Compliments, words of encouragement, and requests rather than demands affirm the self-worth of your spouse. The man whose love language is words of affirmation feels loved by words that build him up.
- Quality Time: Spending quality time together through sharing, listening, and participating in joint meaningful activities communicates that we truly care for and enjoy each other. The man whose love language is quality time feels loved when his wife wants to spend time with him.
- Receiving Gifts: Gifts are tangible symbols of love, whether they are items you purchased or made, gifts demonstrate that you care, and they represent the value of the relationship. The man whose love language is receiving gifts feels loved when his wife gives him gifts both great and small.
- Acts of Service: Cooking a meal, ironing a shirt, keeping the house clean, and paying the bills all speak volumes of love to the man whose love language is acts of service. If this is your man’s love language he will become frustrated when certain household duties go undone and will feel like a million bucks to sit down to his favorite meal. The man whose love language is acts of service will feel loved when his wife takes care of him and helps him with his to-do list.
- Physical Touch: Physical touch is more than sexual. It’s holding hands, touching his shoulder, giving him a hug, patting his back, or snuggling next to him while watching TV. The man whose love language is physical touch feels loved when his wife is affectionate both privately and publicly.
Go over the list with your husband and do the test to find out what says love to him. As you discuss these languages make a point to really listen to what he has to say. Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.
2 Week Challenge – Day 4
- Ask your husband what makes him feel loved and then add that to your priority list. Go over the 5 love languages and ask him what says love to him. Start speaking his language.
- Light up your bedroom with candles. Show your husband you have been thinking of him and planned ahead.
- For the adventurous: Sneak an article of lingerie into his briefcase, pants pocket or on the seat of his car for a morning surprise. Don’t be surprised if he comes home early.
Lord, as I enter into day 4 help me to listen to my husband with the intent to understand and not to merely reply. Help us to understand each others love language and to adapt our lifestyle accordingly. Father your word says that love covers a multitude of sins, empower me to love my husband in the same way you love us. I pray this is Jesus mighty Name, Amen.
Ons almal het 4 ‘basics needs’ en soos gewoonlik verskil mans en vrouens soos dag en nag. Kom gesels saam en vind uit wat maak jou gelukkig maar meer belangrik, wat maak jou maat gelukkig. Jou man her vervulling in die volgende afdelings nodig: RespekSeksVriendskapHuishoudelike hulp
Ons almal trou met die idee dat ons huwelik prentjie mooi gaan wees, kom ons wees eerlik jy hou nie altyd van die prentjie wat jy gekies het nie.
5 Geheime vir Effektiewe Kommunikasie. Ons hoop om deur hierdie vlog jou te help om meer effektief met jou lewensmaat te kommunikeer. Ons is druk besig om die podcast op die been te kry.