Be his number 1 fan!
Where does your man go for admiration and appreciation? He goes somewhere, all men do. Does he go to work in hope of hearing, “Job well done”? Does he play a sport in hopes of hearing “Way to go, man”? Does he go back home to his mother to hear “I’m so proud of you, son”? Does he work late hoping for a few compliments from the gals in the office? Does he feast on compliments from patients or clients? Does he hang out at the gym flexing and building his biceps? Tell me, where does your man go to be admired?
Admiration and appreciation are the golden keys to unlocking a man’s heart.
It is your responsibility to make sure that you are your husband’s number one fan, he needs to know that he will find validation in your words. Don’t make your husband go outside the marriage for approval; he needs the perspective your appreciation gives him.
Dr. Willard Harley says: While criticism causes men to become defensive, admiration energizes and motivated them. A man expects – and needs – his wife to be his most enthusiastic fan. He draws confidence from her support and can usually achieve far more with her.Willard Harley Author of His Needs, Her Needs: Building an Affaire-Proof Marriage
If you have been withholding admiring words from your spouse, it may feel strange to begin. First and foremost, be authentic – be real. If you are not sincere with your admiring words, he’ll be able to tell. Start with one compliment or one word of appreciation. It may be as simple as “thank you” and soon the admiration will begin to flow … hopefully both ways.
There are four types of compliments
- Possession, such as “I love that sweater on you.”
- Appearance, such as “That sweater brings out the blue in your eyes.”
- Behavior, such as “That was very sweet to let that driver go in front of you today.”
- Character, such as “Someone asked me what the definition of integrity was, and my mind immediately went to you.”
Look for ways to give your husband a compliment everyday. Pay attention to him and take note of his appearance, behavior and character qualities.
When you are affirming your husband physically, emotionally, and verbally, you are blessing him in a way no one else can. Not only that, you are glorifying God by honoring your marriage.
2 Week Challenge – Day 3
- Thank your husband for something he did for you. It could be as simple as thanking him for working hard for your family.
- Fill a balloon with helium for each year you have been married. Attach a note to the ribbon of each balloon reminding him of your best memory of each year. Place the balloons over your bed, like a cloud of memories.
- Make 5 coupons and place it in his underwear drawer, write something you know he would love. Come on girls, don’t hold back on this one. (I got you covered, I designed a coupon template, download, print, write your own little prize, and cut it out. Easy peasy).
Lord, help me to be my husband’s number one fan. Father help me to see him through Your eyes. I want to be the one he turns to for admiration and appreciation help me to become the one where he finds his approval. Father if there is any other person that is giving him the admiration that I should be giving him I pray that You will close that door in Jesus name and empower me to take up my position as adoring wife. Lord reign over our marriage so that we can become an example to other. I pray this in Jesus name, AMEN.
Ons almal het 4 ‘basics needs’ en soos gewoonlik verskil mans en vrouens soos dag en nag. Kom gesels saam en vind uit wat maak jou gelukkig maar meer belangrik, wat maak jou maat gelukkig. Jou man her vervulling in die volgende afdelings nodig: RespekSeksVriendskapHuishoudelike hulp
Ons almal trou met die idee dat ons huwelik prentjie mooi gaan wees, kom ons wees eerlik jy hou nie altyd van die prentjie wat jy gekies het nie.
5 Geheime vir Effektiewe Kommunikasie. Ons hoop om deur hierdie vlog jou te help om meer effektief met jou lewensmaat te kommunikeer. Ons is druk besig om die podcast op die been te kry.